Wednesday, November 11, 2009

3rd Official day

OK so best laid plans and all that..... well the sausage supper turned into pork chop with Broccoli and sauteed red cabbage, just mucked up on the amount I think! Had a huge chop with a whole plate full of veggies and then went back for another plate full of veggies. Felt stuffed and annoyed with myself - and seriously contemplated sticking my fingers down my throat but resisted. Then had a Horlicks with the little man before he went to bed and felt exhausted by 8.30pm.

I should have gone to bed then - it was all I could think of as I sat the computer desperately trying to put another item up on EBay before my eyes went square or I died of boredom...it was touch and go which was going to come first.... but no I pushed myself thinking about all the lovely things I wanted to buy for people in Dubai and the money I needed. Till eventually I was through the fog of the Horlicks and wide awake again. Damn! So slumping on the sofa to 'watch something before bed' THE HUNGER began to strike. You know what I am talking about don't you. That 9.30ish peckishness that turns into a rabid raiding of the cupboards, the tipping out of the kids sweetie jar desperately rummaging for anything other than the jellied eyeballs left over from Halloween. The ideas that begin to pop into your head as you realise that in your thoroughness everything and anything that could be classed as a treat has gone - this is when you get cunning. I have come up with some shockers at this stage.... Banana dipped in or rather smeared in Nutella - well the banana is healthy! Wholemeal oat cakes smeared with melted marshmallows that I found at the back of the cupboard, Stale bread topped with an inch thick layer of Philly, then marmalade, honey and nuts! The nuts are healthy but I HATE marmalade, why do I do it?????

But last night I resisted! No not for me I was going to be good - a white hens chick and polish my halo in the morning. Besides I had already eaten my body weight in sauteed red cabbage so who was I kidding that I had not 'binged'. Instead I opened the bread bin, ignoring the 2 chocolate mini rolls left tauntingly at the top, pushing the Cinnamon and raisin bagels to one side and pulled out - oh yes my BIG treat for the evening........ Dr Krag 3 seed wholemeal crispbread with no butter or any other adornment at all! It was heaven. Just knowing that I had allowed myself a 'treat' at that time of night after my self imposed no food after 6.30 rule made me feel like the proverbial kid in a candy shop. I savoured every morsel even licking the runaway seeds of my still extremely ample bussom - completely ignoring the TV whilst doing this and thus loosing the plot entirely of Collision - so if anyone can bring me up to speed please do!

Then of course I was still awake at 12am! I am not sure if it was all the black coffee I had been drinking during the day or the fact that I had missed my window of sleeping at 8.30 when I battled through it, or I was now just obsessing about how I was not going to obsess about not eating anything! Enough was enough in the end and after 'tanking' 2 huge glasses of water I forced myself into bed with a book. I was asleep after 30 minutes and awake again not long after needing to pee like a horse after all the water!

So my conclusion is water may be good for you - but not at 12am and not if you are wanting to sleep........

Still it is a new day and I have swum 0.5 km and am now looking forward to my watery porridge and some grapes - oh yeah variety is the spice of life!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Can you contact FairlyGirly on Misi regarding your Secret Santa. There are messages waiting for you there.

    ReplyDelete